After Odisha, 50 Fall Sick Due To Ammonia Gas Leak In Aligarh Meat Factory

New Delhi: Hours after a gas leak incident in Odisha, around 50 people in an Aligarh meat factory fell ill from an ammonia gas leak, on Thursday. They were rushed to a hospital after complaining of breathlessness, according to districts officials, reported ANI. The meat factory falls under the jurisdiction of the Roravar police station. Most of the workers engaged in packaging were women. 

The Aligarh District Magistrate (DM) told ANI, that around 50 people were admitted and all of them are stable now.

“Information was received about an ammonia gas leak in a meat factory in the Rorawar area, where mostly women are engaged in packaging work. Around 50 people were admitted to a medical college after they complained of breathing difficulties. Doctors confirmed that everyone is stable,” the Aligarh DM told ANI.

The incident took place in the Al-Dua meat factory that is owned by Haji Zaheer, IANS reported.

Earlier, on Wednesday evening, 28 workers fell ill after inhaling ammonia gas that leaked from a unit of a leading prawn processing plant in Odisha’s Balasore district. The incident took place in the prawn factory named Highland Agro Food Private Limited. Most of the workers who fell ill were women. 

The incident is said to have occurred at around 7 pm at Gadabahanaga village in the Khantapada area of the district, as reported by ANI.

 

 

Advertisement
Web Hyip
Previous articleAyushmann Khurrana and Rakul Preet’s song ‘Dil Dhak Dhak Karta Hai’ released –
Next articleEXCLUSIVE: Salman Khan has NOT yet said ‘yes’ to Atul Agnihotri’s Hindi adaptation